Sira Beach Experience
The Anandita is located at Sira (Sire), a spur of land bordered by a white ribbon of beach with magnificent views of the coastline, mountains and the neighbouring Gili Islands, just a short boat ride away. Next door is the Sire Beach Golf Club, an 18-hole championship course, open to the public. On the other side (five minutes’ walk along the beach) is Hotel Tugu Lombok, a funky-fantastic, atmospheric living museum of extraordinary Indonesian antiques, with a restaurant and bar. Tanjung (4km) is an attractive Sasak market village with stalls overflowing with local produce; this is also home to The Oberoi Lombok Hotel, complete with a jetty – should you wish to arrive by boat.
The Anandita is 56 kilometres (approximately a two-hour drive) north of Lombok’s new international airport and can also be reached by fast ferries and regular 25-minute flights from Bali.
- Sire Beach Golf Club
- 2 km
- Hotel Tugu Lombok
- 2 km
- 4 km
- Teluk Nare Port
- 6 km
- Gili Islands
- 8 km
- 9 km
- The Oberoi, Lombok
- 9 km
- 21 km
- 31 km
- Banyumulek (pottery)
- 40 km
- Senaru Waterfall
- 59 km
- Lombok International Airport
- 65 km
- Sembalun (weaving)
- 85 km
Things To Do
As a former sports coach, our villa manager loves to organise games, sports and activities in and around the villa. He is also a great source of information about nearby places of interest and will arrange transport and bookings for external activities as required. Your stay at The Anandita provides a unique opportunity for you to enjoy our location at the tip of the Sira peninsula, looking across the sea towards Gili Air, and to explore the stunning island of Lombok with its many natural wonders, amazing traditions and cultures, and its warm welcoming people.
Here is a taste of the many and varied activities on offer within reach of the villa.
SPORTS & ADVENTURE
- Discover our amazing coral reef just in front of the villa. Around 200 metres from the shore, lies a beautiful and rich coral reef, home to orange and blue giant starfish, trumpetfish and an array of white, blue and red corals. One can swim or paddle out to the reef by kayak. The villa is equipped with snorkelling gear in a range of sizes for adults and children, as well as life jackets.
- Explore the bay with sea kayaks. Five kayaks (three two-seaters and two single seaters) are available. This is a great way to get to the nearby reef or explore the coast and secluded beaches around the bay.
- Go island hopping. Our villa manager can help you charter boats and take you island hopping around the Gilis for half or full day trips. The three, coral-finged Gili islands - Trawagan, Meno and Air, just off the Sira peninsula offer a truly laid-back island experience. We will also be glad to prepare picnics for your trip, or book you into a restaurant for a meal on the islands.
- Snorkel off the Gilis. Snorkelling tours of the reefs around the Gilis are also available upon request. These tours can take you to all or any of these three magical islands, where you can swim in crystal-clear waters amongst the two species of sea turtles that breed in the area.
- Or scuba dive at some world famous dive sites. A number of PADI approved dive schools are just a short boat ride away and our manager can arrange for the school of your choice to pick you up for diving classes. They cater to all levels, from beginners to advanced divers.
- Go fishing – day or night! Tuna, Spanish mackerel and barracuda abound in these warm tropical waters, making great fresh sashimi or barbecue feasts.
- Pump up the adrenaline with some wakeboarding or waterskiing from a speed boat around the bay.
- Volleyball is a daily tradition at The Anandita. The grass volleyball field sits under the shade of the tall palm trees, and members of staff will happily join to boost numbers if needed.
- Play a round of golf at the Sire Beach Golf Club – a serene 18-hole championship course on Sira Bay with dramatic views of Mount Rinjani.
- Yoga classes can be organised on the lawn or on the pool terrace on request.
CULTURE & DISCOVERY
- Discover local village life, explore nearby fields and coconut plantations, or visit a fishing village.
- Investigate the Tanjung village market, where stalls overflow with mysterious and exotic produce.
- If you are on for a challenge and have three days to spare, trek to the rim of Mount Rinjani, Lombok’s revered volcano.
- Explore the waterfalls and forests of the Rinjani National Park on a guided walk.
- Go on a souvenir shopping spree to Lombok’s pottery, weaving and basketware villages, or visit Sweta’s Bertais market which sells pretty much everything made on the island.
- Lombok is well known for it’s pearl farms. For loose pearls and pearl jewellery, visit one of the specialist retail outlets in Sekarbela near Mataram.
- Experience rural Lombok at a slower pace, with a local site-seeing trip in a horse-drawn Cidomo.
- Learn about Lombok’s cultural heritage on a visit to a traditional Sasak tribal village.
- Venture into fields, plantations or small villages with our mountain bikes around the peninsula and towards Tanjun. As a native of this region, our villa manager will help you meet and chat with local people and discover a unique vibrant village life, tradition and culture.
- Visit the local primary school, where you can talk to teachers, bring school supplies or even volunteer to teach for a few hours or a few days. Many of our guests or their young teenagers have tried this fulfilling experience.
- Discover the fantastic beaches of South Lombok with a full-day car trip.
- Do nothing! Relax on your own deserted beach in the shade of the palm trees, taking a cooling dip in the blue ocean or your own refreshing swimming pool.
- Treat yourself to a massage either in-villa or at the nearby Hotel Tugu Lombok spa.
- For a change of scene, eat out at the fascinating living museum, Hotel Tugu, or enjoy a gourmet dinner at the 5-star Oberoi Lombok.